Project Manager – Delivery
THT recently announced a proposal to join the L&Q Group, one of the largest housing providers in the country. THT and L&Q have worked together successfully for two years in a JV that is investing £160M to deliver over 2,000 homes across the North West. This was a real step change for THT and we are delivering a wide range of homes and tenures across sites large and small. We aspire to provide 50% market and 50% affordable homes, reinvesting profits in our social purpose and improving lives across our communities. There are plans to increase THT’s delivery to 20,000 homes over the next 10 years and we need a dedicated and growing team to achieve this. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join us at all levels in our Delivery (on site) and New Business (pre-contract) teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an already successful team at an exciting stage of our evolution.
A vacancy has arisen in our Developer team for a Project Manager. The main duties of the role are to:
• Lead and manage the Project Team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of the project.
• Actively engage in the new business and planning stages of development, working with the commercial team to ensure smooth, effective delivery.
• Ensure all Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards. Monitoring and reporting both throughout the duration of the project and reporting changes in line with agreed parameters and offering challenge and interrogation to costs safeguarding the Trust at all times.
• Compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
• Negotiate and agree contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and cashflow forecasting with contractors and align with internal reporting procedures.
• Agree a clear project strategy with Sales to ensure direct involvement throughout the Project ensuring show home delivery to enable timely sales launch and that customer choice offer is agreed.
• Establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files at the start of each scheme. Ensure that all necessary systems and performance measures are updated with relevant information for use by Senior Managers and other areas of the business.
• All aspects of Health and safety on site and reporting requirements. Management of the appointed consultants.
• Actively manage, report and react to all Risks associated with the Project.
• Ensure compliant handovers of all properties, manage transfer of responsibilities to Aftercare.
• Other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the Trust, to ensure effective delivery of allocated developments.
Project management skills, a strong command of MS Office and excellent verbal and written skills are essential for this role. The successful applicant will also be a strong negotiator. Project Management and/or construction experience is also a requirement for the role as is a relevant degree, and possible formal Project Management qualification(s).
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme and annual leave allowance.
Closing date: 11th September 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.