Community Support Worker Part Time (Entry Level)
Community Support Worker – Part Time (Entry Level)
Exmouth, Devon (with travel throughout the surrounding area, including Exeter)
Want to embark on a highly rewarding career where you’ll support people during a difficult time in their lives? Are you full of great ideas for engaging activities and eager to learn and progress your own understanding?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and provide a vital service as a Community Support Worker with an established charity.
Who am I working for?
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
Now, we’re looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team on a part time basis and provide support to individuals throughout Exmouth and the surrounding area.
What are the rewards?
- Salary of £9 - £9.44 per hour DOE & qualifications
- Excellent training provided
- Paid travel time
- Develop an extremely rewarding career with a local charity
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Increase your expertise in brain damage and how it impacts people’s lives
- The chance to play a key role in individuals’ recovery process and support their progress
- Generous holiday scheme
For over 17 years, we’ve provided a lifeline to people whose worlds have been put on hold by brain injury. We want to continue our vital work for years to come, and to do that, we need brilliant people on our team.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, we will provide you with all the training and support you need to increase your skill-set and ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to become a key member of a talented team who love what they do and get to make a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis.
So, if you’re looking to enhance your abilities and do something amazing with your career, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
As a Community Support Worker, you will help individuals throughout Exmouth and the surrounding area to achieve their goals, live as independently as possible and remain engaged socially.
This is an amazing opportunity to take on a varied and interesting role where you will be able to work in the community and make a real difference.
Specifically, you will:
- Carry out tasks in-line with individual’s care plans
- Visit people in the community
- Motivate and monitor the progress of people using our services
- Ensure that individuals feel valued and respected at all times
- Help our clients to increase their confidence and develop key life skills
- Maintain accurate records
Sounds great! What do I need?
While no experience is necessary, to join our team, you’ll need:
- A good sense of humour and limitless patience
- To be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- A sensitive approach to vulnerable people, their rights, dignity and self-respect
- The desire to learn
- Great interpersonal and open and honest communication skills
Completion of a satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to commencing your role.
An NVQ Level 2 in Care would be beneficial to your application.
We’re eager to hear from individuals who have experience as, or would like to become a, Community Support Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Junior Support Worker, Community Support Assistant, Care Assistant or Trainee Social Worker.
The closing date for these roles is 5pm on 30th August 2019.
This is a part time role, working 12 client-facing hours per week, plus travel time and training.
Webrecruit and Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to develop an engaging career as a Community Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.