Job Title: Logistics Analyst
A Logistics Analyst is required to join a leading off highways organisation based in Peterborough on a contract basis until March 2020.
- As Logistics Analyst, you will be responsible for performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
- You will participate on facility teams to develop material flow plans and pull material replenishment plans.
- You will be responsible for population of the Plan for Every Part database and support efforts to improve factory flow to enhance lean material flow.
- This role performs physical / tactical work applying the Supply Chain Planning Process to build the Plan for Every Part for a facility.
- In addition, you will work closely with facility Supply Chain Planning engineers, translating work requirements to Supply Chain Planning Analysts and providing work teams with direction.
- This role communicates and coaches key pull replenishment team and factory personnel on the standard process for Pull replenishment for a facility using change management processes and implementing visuals like boards, signage, standard work and job aids. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a report listing all PF part numbers used at a facility, drive input for those part numbers into the PFEP Web Tool, and providing data reporting to facility project teams.
- This position creates and maintains current and future state value stream maps at the product value stream level (may require marriage of MQ VSMs). Performs tactical, hands-on work to achieve CPS supply chain process compliance and MQ Certification for a facility. Works with personnel from other Supply Chain functions, 3rd party providers and facility divisions to drive supply chain improvements. The incumbent analyzes value stream supply chain constraints and deploys corrective action. Minimal Travel Required (5% - 15% working time)
- Knowledge of CPS and lean supply chain principles, specifically those applied to pull replenishment using material replenishment tools and processes and material flow and throughput efficiency improvement.
- Knowledge of standard supply chain systems and supply chain planning analytical tools.
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work across functions to perform work deploying supply chain improvements.
- Requires problem-solving skills to solve complex problems.
- Must be a strong team player in order to be effective in deploying supply chain improvements as part of a team.
- Must possess understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge.
- Ability to analyze business conditions and situations during deployment needed to minimize disruption to daily requirements.
- CPS Support Team Member Qualified
- CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification desired
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
- Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst desired and / or Manufacturing Engineer required
- 6 Sigma project experience
- Experience with the CPS RIW and Value Stream Transformation process desired
- A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics is highly desired.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.