Category And Contract Manager
Sopra Steria Recruitment is working in partnership with a major private sector client in the UK.
We are currently recruiting a Category And Contract Manager to be based in Chelmsford.
Job Title: Category And Contract Manager
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of category strategies, ensuring alignment to commissioning objectives
- Collaborate with and exert influence on Directors, Senior Managers and Members as to the commercial and financial viability of differing commercial options for specific projects within complex and often, contentious environments.
- Manage suppliers to ensure they consistently achieve the performance standards set out in contracts and that adequate controls are in place to protect the Authority's interests
- Lead major projects and tenders, ensuring all sourcing activity fully complies with appropriate legislation and regulation whilst also complying with policies.
- Work collaboratively with incumbent suppliers and potential new entrants to identify gaps in market provision and explore opportunities to close those gaps.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification such as MCIPS and or equivalent.
- Knowledge of category management and experience of using this methodology in complex commercial environments
- A track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments defining, measuring and improving key elements of supplier performance.
- Knowledge of contract law and legislation
- Extensive knowledge of public sector procurement law with an ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff and find pragmatic solutions to potential legal difficulties.
- Comprehensive negotiating skills appropriate to multi million pound contracts and experience of planning and delivering successful negotiations.
- Experience of working in a political environment
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website