12 month contract
Excellent Salary & Benefits
This leading telecoms company are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their busy commercial team near Reading.
Sitting with a team of 8 other Quantity Surveyors, you will be providing commercial management of their suppliers to prevent any overspend against CAPEX/OPEX costs. You will also be managing the cost of sites which will be very high volume work as well as managing suppliers monthly valuations.
- Receive incoming business SOR demand, assess scope of the request and price either using standard contract rate cards (where applicable) or through direct supplier negotiation (where existing agreements are not in place).
- Raise purchase orders ensuring correct use of finance programme and product coding to enable future reporting and supplier instruction.
- Commercial assessment and authorisation of supplier claims and applications for payment.
- Upon receipt of submission, use correct contract rates to approve fees where work is complete and evidence in place or reject where not in order to prevent over-spend.
- Agreement of build final accounts by assessment of work done against agreed schedule of rates using direct negotiations where standard rates are not in place.
- Prevent over-spend and allow future business spend forecasting.
- Ensure compliance with agreed contracts and rates at all times.
- Assessment of change requests that may drive scope change for ongoing instructions and commercially manage that impact through the PO/finance systems in order to control work in progress and commitment.
You must have:
- Background in financial or commercial industries, ideally in the telecoms sector
- A quantity surveying qualification would be highly desirable
- Excellent IT skills, able to use Microsoft Office
- Logical, analytical approach, and good numerical ability
- Communications and interpersonal skills
- Good Negotiation skills.
- Reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in fluid, high-pressure environments and to tight deadlines.
For more information please apply here or send a CV direct to (see below)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.