Senior Economic and Financial Analyst
Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation based in Edinburgh, are currently looking to recruit a Senior Economic and Financial Analyst for an initial 7 month contract operating inside of IR35.
The contractor will assume a critical analytical role within the Public Value unit undertaking tactical reviews.
The purpose of public value is identify the lowest cost delivery approach for a given national outcome.
The post holder will be responsible for:
• Leading financial analysis in an economic context, producing credible and accurate observations and conclusions that influence spending
• Producing/supporting briefings and reports making recommendations to senior officials on maximising public value
• Presenting analysis to senior officials in order to lead the work of the Review teams to successful conclusions
• Taking the key analytical role in developing public value concepts in the Sustainable Outcomes Programme
• Supporting collaborative relationships with analytical and policy colleague throughout government.
• Substantial experience as an economic adviser/economist/financial analyst (or credible transferrable skills or experience) and deep knowledge of analytical techniques
• Experience of working with colleagues across different disciplines / functional areas to develop a shared evidence base to inform and influence decisions
• Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting financial and economic data to senior leaders or diverse groups
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to adapt your style to meet the needs of your audience.
If this role is of interest to you please get in touch with a current up to date CV.