We are looking for a HGV/PSV Electrician to join our team in Ipswich
As an Electrician you will diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
The hourly rate for this role is GBP12.89 (GBP26,161 per annum) and the successful Electrician will be working 39 hours per week.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner.
- Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
Record individual job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
- Ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
- Ensure all parts are booked out from stores using the correct procedure.
- Adhere to good housekeeping practices including general tidiness in the workshop and the return of all tools and equipment to their designated place.
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Skills & Experience:
You will have a flexible approach to working and have a minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent. You must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems. To be successful you must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Apply Today!