As an ambitious SEO Manager, you’ll be a crucial part of the commercial team here at OVO Energy. We need an expert like you to grow the OVO brand, ensuring our website really stands out and reaches potential new customers using techniques that your skills can bring. We’re a different kind of energy company with the digital experience truly at the heart of what we do and we’re looking for a passionate SEO Manager to be a part of our journey towards building something great.
In this role, you will be managing OVO’s organic search and creating our content marketing strategy and activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring all your SEO experience into a team where you will have the freedom to get things done, in a company that believes in the power of digital marketing to achieve its ambitions.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be:
- Growing natural search traffic from Search Engines, through on-site SEO best practice, link building and commissioning and creating content for the website
- Setting and achieving traffic and visibility targets
- Working closely with the product development and content teams to write SEO requirements and user stories, driving the projects through to conclusion
- Leading as the SEO subject matter expert on all SEO topics, including site structure, internal linking, crawlability, content, meta tags, redirects, sitemaps and site speed
- Optimising copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Performing ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Working with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Working with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommending changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
THAT SOUNDS SUPER EXCITING, BUT...DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- You’ll be a high performing SEO expert who already knows the ropes and how to get the best out of the tools and techniques of modern SEO
- You’ll have dedicated experience in identifying and commissioning relevant content that helps drive traffic and build site visibility
- You’ll take a data-driven approach to SEO, testing and learning with everything you do. You’ll also have a consistent track record of delivering strong RoI for organic search
- You’ll have an understanding of HTML, Java and CSS
- You’ll know how to influence people to help get things done - working with product and tech teams is already part of what you do
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE…
- A network of contacts in the SEO and content marketing industry
- Experience in the energy industry or a desire to learn
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology and propositions.
In the last two years we have made several acquisitions which enable us to offer grid balancing services, smart electric heat, vehicle to grid charging and exciting propositions for electric vehicles, in-home insurance and distributed storage systems.
All of this allows us to bring cheap, low carbon energy to our customers to power their lives, support the integration of more renewables onto the grid, and help balance the grid during peak times.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
We believe in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly.
We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of SEO Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: SEO Manager, Search Engine Optimisation Manager, SEM Manager, Search Engine Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Senior SEO Analyst, Senior SEO Executive, Marketing, SEO.