We are looking for HGV/PSV Mechanics to join our team in Ipswich
As a Skilled Mechanic you will be working 39 hours per week (this is shift work and will include weekends). The salary for this position is GBP26,160 per annum (GBP12.89ph).
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. We are continually investing in new vehicles and our entire fleet is one of the youngest in the country.
Your main duties will include the following:
- To carry out all types of vehicle repairs to defined quality standards.
- To carry out routine vehicle servicing, in accordance with Company SOPs.
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation, Engineering SOPs and Group policy
- To provide guidance to other staff as required
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
- To attend on road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
Skills & Experience:
You will have a flexible approach to working and have a minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent, welding experience is preferable and you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV and FLT licence. The successful candidate will hold a full PCV license or be able to obtain one in a reasonable timeframe. A good understanding of vehicle repair techniques is essential for this post. This is a full time role working 39 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, on a shift basis.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Apply today!