We are a local Volkswagen group retailer that is dedicated to providing an excellent customer experience always striving for the highest standard of service. We have expanded our business to include a new Volkswagen Financial Services product Rent-A-Car which is a very innovative rental programme with an ambitious future strategy, so we are looking to recruit a Rental Manager to manage this exciting new venture.
The Rental Manager's primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the Rent-A-Car departments. You will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the departments through the development of sales to both retail and local corporate customers, whilst ensuring you deliver excellent customer service.
- Dealing with the general public and corporate clients on the phone and in personProcessing payments and ID checks correctly, including pre-authorisation/card details/ credit checks etc.
- Monitor daily desktop reports, vehicle availability, utilisation, excess mileage etc.
- Resolving problems and delivering outstanding customer service
- To increase the number of local corporate accounts within the designated area
- Identify new potential sales areas
- Production of business plans and strategies and any other planning associated with the development of the Rental Departments
- Vehicle status management/weekly audit of vehicles
- Administration of maintenance on all vehicles
- Action local marketing/advertising strategy
- Budget and P&L management
- Previous experience in a rental role is essential
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, internal departments and stakeholders
- Must hold a clean UK driving licence
- Have a strong customer service ethic with great people skills
- Be positive and have a sales focused attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you have a capacity for hard work and a desire to see your ideas and determination translate into success, then we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing salary expectation and current availability.
No calls accepted from recruitment agencies.