Economic Development Project Officer
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OFFICER
Grade 5 (Career Grade Post)
£26,999 - £29,636 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Economic Development Team at North Kesteven District Council for a Economic Development Project Officer. As a Career Grade Post this is an ideal opportunity for someone to increase knowledge and experience within economic development with appropriate mentoring and training provided. Therefore the minimum requirement for this post would be a relevant degree supported by at least 2 years experience.
Economic Development is a high profile and performing team within the authority, being at the heart of a number of significant activities, successfully delivering a wide range of services to its customers. Work of the team is focused on growth and development with a strong emphasis on supporting businesses, creating and safeguarding jobs, attracting and securing investment and delivering regeneration and commercial projects to improve the economic prosperity of the area.
Key Activities of the job include:
- Managing and delivering projects and supporting the team in the delivery of key projects
- Overseeing the day to day running of the Council’s commercial portfolio.
- Providing advice and support to business on a range of issues including sites and premises, planning, funding etc.
- Working with and engaging public and private sector partners, stakeholders and the community on plans, policies and specific development schemes to deliver economic growth
- Contributing to policies, plans and consultations affecting economic development e.g. Local Plan, commercial planning applications, government consultations etc.
This is an interesting and varied role that requires a customer focused, enthusiastic, highly organised, professional and adaptable individual. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising their workload and self-motivated to work with little supervision. Experience of working with customers, partners and stakeholders is essential, as is a proven ability to communicate effectively. In return we can offer flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlement, an essential car user allowance, and payment of a relevant annual professional membership subscription.
For an informal discussion, please contact Alan Gray, Economic Development Manager on 01529 308170.
Closing date for applications is 3rd September 2019
Interviews will be held on 10th September 2019