Facilities Officer (Part Time)
Facilities Officer (Part Time)
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset (with travel across Exmoor)
Exmoor National Park Authority is the organisation that manages a unique and beautiful part of the country that has been shaped by nature and people over thousands of years.
From the high cliffs that plunge into the Bristol Channel to the vast moorlands of North Devon, Exmoor offers drama, tranquillity, beauty and adventure. Whether it’s the wild red deer, villages bursting with character or dark skies full of stars, it is a place of rare experiences, stunning vistas and engaging environments.
As an Authority, we seek to promote and enhance visitor experiences, highlight the special qualities of the area and support sustainability for future generations. Our mission is to conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the National Park and promote opportunities for the understanding and enjoyment of the special qualities of the National Park by the public.
We are now seeking a Facilities Officer to join our team in Dulverton on a part time basis, working 22.2 hours per week over three days.
- Salary of £11.19 - £12.85 per hour
- Government pension
- 27 days’ holiday (pro rata)
If you are a facilities management professional with health and safety and contractor management experience, this is an outstanding opportunity to drive your career forward whilst helping enhance the beauty and sustainability of an incredible portion of Western England.
This is a great time to join the Authority as we embark on a five-year National Park Partnership Plan and explore opportunities for farming and farmed landscapes post EU Exit.
You’ll discover an amazing place to work, a group of passionate, friendly people to work with and a real mission to enhance Exmoor, all whilst maintaining the flexibility to deliver on your other commitments.
As a Facilities Officer, you will be tasked with ensuring that our building and facilities are fit for purpose and any maintenance required is planned and implemented effectively.
Specifically, your role will cover three main areas: inspections, repairs, and building maintenance. This will involve:
- Implementing a regular schedule of inspections to evaluate the condition of buildings and facilities
- Undertaking inspections on a monthly basis and producing accurate reports
- Responding to issues
- Planning, commissioning and supervising building repairs and other works
- Leading the selection of contractors for small works (under £5,000)
- Reviewing and signing off completed works
- Managing building maintenance activities
- Establishing a programme of refurbishment and renovation
To be considered as a Facilities Officer, you will need:
- In-depth facilities management knowledge and practical skills - dealing with a wide range of services, equipment, materials and repairs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety in relation to facilities management, from asbestos and legionella, to ladder inspection and PAT testing
- Experience of managing contractors including the ability to challenge work considered below standard
- The ability to analyse, troubleshoot, problem solve and implement appropriate solutions
- A full, valid driving licence
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check prior to commencing their role.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Manager, Maintenance Officer, Facilities Management Officer, Facilities Development Officer, Maintenance Management Officer, Facilities Compliance Officer, or Maintenance Services Officer.
As a service provider and local employer, Exmoor National Park Authority is committed to promoting equal opportunities and tackling social exclusion in everything it does. The Authority recognises its statutory equality duties under legislation in terms of service provision and employment and is committed to meet them.
So, if you are ready for an amazing new role as a Facilities Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.