Assistant Project Officer
Sands of LIFE Assistant Project Officer x2
- Location: Bangor & Cross Hands
- Grade & Salary: 2 - £18,810
- Post Number: Bangor 202220 & Cross Hands 202221
- Contract Type: Fixed term until 31 December 2022
- Work Pattern: Full time
- Application Closing Date: 1 September 2019
As a member of the Sands of LIFE project team, you will assist in delivering the ambitious work programme (to 31/09/22) of practical site restoration, monitoring and stakeholder engagement work planned for 10 sand dune systems located in four Special Areas of Conservation (SACs) in Wales.
This is an excellent opportunity for people seeking an entry into a career in biodiversity conservation.
Together with other project team members, you will support the Team Leader in ensuring delivery of the project objectives and targets and in reporting progress according to agreed milestones.
You will ensure good governance of the project, including strict adherence to NRW’s procurement and wellbeing, health and safety practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- An understanding of sand dune site conservation and management.
- Excellent team working and communication skills and the ability to represent the LIFE project to a variety of audiences including land managers.
- The ability to undertake physically demanding field work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains. Where necessary/appropriate this includes lone working.
- The ability to currently and legally drive a car in the UK.
For more information please visit our website