1st Line Support Engineer / ICT Support Officer / IT Helpdesk
Job Title: ICT Support Officers
Salary: £20,143 - £23,600 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week, covering shift patterns between 0745 and 1730)
Closing date: 8th Sep 2019
- Are you an excellent communicator?
- Do you have highly developed customer service skills?
- Can you ask the right questions and record the facts?
- Do you enjoy solving problems and helping people?
- Have you worked in an IT Customer Services Team previously?
If you can answer "yes" to the above questions and have the desire and commitment to work in a busy ICT Customer Service Desk this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
There are currently three permanent vacancies for 1st Line Support Officers within the ICT Customer Services Team and this may increase as their recruitment progresses.
- To provide day to day support to Service Desk team members and customers of ICT
- To ensure service performance is within established parameters
- To oversee and monitor the handover of calls between support teams and third party suppliers
- To provide assistance to the Service Desk Lead Officers and/or 2nd Line Senior Officer and to deputise for them as required
- Handle customer complaints, recording issues and ensuring problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Resolve support issues and provide guidance to customers on more complex resolutions
- Ensure all incidents are appropriately recorded and updated in the Council's Service Desk system
- Assist in collating reporting information required by Service Desk Lead Officers in line with the reporting schedule
- Maintain a knowledge/learning base for team development
- Assist with the maintenance and adaptation of RMS
- Ensure the build room is maintained as a secure environment
- Ensure stock levels for the team are managed appropriately
- Experience using and maintaining service desk software
- Experience of working in ICT Service Desk Operation
- Experience of supervising multi-skilled people
- Vision and commitment to achieving excellence in service provision
- Knowledge of emerging trends in technologies and best practice in local government
- Able to evaluate options and advise a sound business resolution
- Able to work in a structured way with skills
- Proactive, hardworking, self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Windows, General Ledger etc.) and to be aware of how ICT systems can be used to maximise support and streamline processes
- Able to evidence commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- An awareness of and commitment to Equalities
- Knowledge of ITIL
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Desktop Support Engineer, Cloud Support Engineer, Technical Support Specialist, Technical Consultant, Linux, Azure, Technical Support Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Linux Support Engineer, 1st Line Technical Support, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Customer Support Advisor may also be considered for this role.