Small Works Engineer
Scope of the Role:
Install, program, maintain and repair security and fire alarm equipment, Emergency lighting and cabling. Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with current relevant codes and practices and to commission and certify as required.
- To carry out all necessary works required in accordance with the relevant British Standards, codes of practice and company policies.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure a good understanding of system and site status.
- Attend training courses deemed appropriate by the company, being responsible for identifying personal requirements/development.
- Maximise service revenue for the Department by ensuring that all work activity is carried out to the highest standard.
- Responsibility for the management and security of own stock, determining relevant stock levels in relation to work activities and ordering stock items when required.
- Liaise with the service administration function, and ensure the timely completion of PDA forms and close down documentation.
Technical Skills Required:
*Please Note: Given the nature of the role, candidates MUST hold a Full Driving Licence that is valid in the UK and be prepared to undergo various security screening tests in order to have access to a number of our customer sites.
- Approved Electrician
- FIA Design Certification
- Previous experience in an Installation/service and maintenance role
- Manual handling
- Working at height
Personal Competencies Required:
- Good written and numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A keen eye for detail, with an ability to spot errors and rectify the issue, or bring it to someone's attention
- Ability to work with levels of individuals, including staff, managers and external partners
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work to agreed financial and operational targets