Marketing and Communications Volunteer
Location: Glenrothes, Unicorn Way
Are you always scrolling through Instagram? Checking for updates on Facebook? Trawling trough blogs looking for inspiration? Why not do all of that, but for a good cause!? Become a Comms and Marketing volunteer and help your local Red Cross shop make their mark on social media! We need your help to talk about the great work that we do in our shops, creating content to be shared both within the organisation, and with the rest of the world.
Who are we?
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. With 340 shops across the UK, we raise vital funds and represent the British Red Cross on the high street and in the local community. Volunteering for a few hours per week can make a huge difference.
Who are you?
If you are looking to join our wonderful team, we hope that you are:
- An enthusiastic team player who can work unsupervised when necessary.
- An inquisitive individual who is keen to learn more about our stock, our work and our customers - and how best to document these wonderful things!
- A passionate communicator who loves blogging, social media and has strong verbal and written style.
- A snappy photographer with a passion for sustainable fashion and recycling.
As a marketing and comms volunteer, we might ask you to:
- Use your knowledge and expertise in social media and marketing to help the British Red Cross gain further reach and support.
- Create fun and engaging content for our shop's Facebook page and other communications channels.
- Support local promotions.
- Take photos and videos to promote all the fun goings on in your shop.
How do you start?Click below on 'Apply Online'
Connecting human kindness with human crisis