Graduate Account Manager/ Junior Sales Account Manager
Job Title: Graduate Account Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic components and assemblies for the automotive industry. They have a global presence, although they are predominately based within the UK where they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and plastic moulding technology.
They understand the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites and believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore, they develop their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers.
They ensure their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments, with many growing successful careers within the business.
They are delighted to announce that they are looking for a Graduate who wishes to build a career in Sales and Marketing. This exciting role will be based just outside of the beautiful and historic city of York with regular required travel to customers and other company sites within the UK.
As a Graduate Account Manager you will be part of dynamic and fast-paced Sales team, working with prominent customers in the automotive industry. In your new role you will manage and be hands on with key customer accounts. You will be responsible for all costing, new business creation and day-to-day administration. As part of the Sales team you will also learn from, and provide ongoing support to other Account Managers within the business. Additionally you will work closely with the cost estimation team and use your acumen to determine customer pricing.
- Maintain all current business at agreed levels of sales and profit
- Ensure all administration relating to accounts is handled in a professional and timely manner, and in line with the systems and procedures of the individual site
- Work in accordance with strict deadlines and time plans, as is typical in the automotive industry
- Maintain appropriate relationships with the key customers to optimise current and new business opportunities
- Meet performance expectations of high profile customers in terms of response time, quality of submission and the accuracy of all information given
- Review accounts in detail and provide accurate forecasting and budgeting data
- Liaise with senior colleagues within the Engineering/Technical, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance functions to ensure appropriate feedback is given on their performance to customers
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and internal departments as required to understand and meet the end customer requirements
- Manage internal stakeholders and communicate information effectively to external customers
They are looking for people who aspire to build a career within Sales, have excellent interpersonal skills, and a natural interest in the automotive industry.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and have a flexible approach to their work. They will be a good communicator, with strong numeracy skills and the ability to persuade others.
Candidates must be proactive, and capable of working to their own initiative. They will be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment and meeting challenging deadlines.
Previous experience of working within manufacturing, the automotive industry or knowledge of plastics would be an advantage, but it is not essential.
- Degree qualified in any discipline
- Thirst for learning and self-development
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong business acumen and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and to own initiative
- Ability to prioritise, plan and execute work activities
- Confidence communicating at all levels, both written and verbally
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel as necessary
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Coordinator, Field Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Sales, Field Sales, Business Development, Direct Sales, Business Developer, Business Development Executive, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, New Client Sales Lead Generator, Lead Generation, New Business Sales, New Business Generation will be considered for this role.
Apply for Graduate Account Manager/ Junior Sales Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly