£20,000 - £22,000 (depending on CIAG Level 4 qualification/ experience)
+Pension +Free Parking
Our client is a leading provider of integration services for refugees. They provide housing support for refugees and their subsidiary arm provides training, careers advice and employer engagement to the local community.
Their training subsidiary works with learners and employers to create and deliver life-changing opportunities, remove barriers and supply outstanding teaching, learning and assessment activities. They are striving to be a trailblazer in working directly with employers to fill skills shortages in all industries. They provide information, advice and guidance to help people make decisions on learning, training and employment.
They are currently looking for a Job Coach to provide careers advice to customers using a variety of different delivery methods and to support customers through to a job or learning outcome. Reporting to the Careers Team Leader, the successful applicant will understand and comply with the company’s safeguarding policy and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing.
- Provide careers advice to adults via a range of methods including face to face; telephone; email and other digital means to help them to achieve work or learning goals.
- Support customers to develop career management skills through a range of activities.
- Work with customers to support their progression into learning, work or work progression.
- Work with a variety of organisations to generate customer referrals to meet targets.
- Deliver advice services to meet personal and team targets.
- Record all interactions with customers on the MI database in a timely manner to meet contract deadlines.
- Operate from a variety of locations including Jobcentre Plus, training & education providers, community providers and local career hubs.
- Use and contribute to local, regional and national LMI to support customer progression in their career.
- Meet all standards for quality of service; safeguarding, information and data security, and any other to meet contract requirements.
- Represent and promote the company’s services in a professional and commercial manner, working effectively with other agencies.
- Attend company meetings and training and liaise with staff at all levels.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy and actively embed equality and diversity into careers advice.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- Experience in delivery of careers advice to adults, individually or in groups, employed and unemployed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High level of competency, effective operation and use of ICT including its wider application.
- Skilled and competent in delivering careers advice in a range of settings and through a range of delivery modes.
- Able to work as part of a careers service delivery team.
- Well organised, capable of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and managing own time effectively.
- Flexibility to work in different outreach locations.
- Satisfy completion of an enhanced DBS check.
- Able to work in a target driven environment, and ability to meet or exceed contract targets.
- Commitment to delivering quality services.
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
Education and Qualifications (Essential)
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent
- Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards
- Hold, as a minimum, Level 4 diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice and Guidance or equivalent (or willing to work towards this)
Other Requirements (Essential)
- Full driving licence, own car and must be willing to travel.
In order to be considered for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
Monday Noon 26th August 2019
Apply for Job Coach
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly