Edgware Road, London W2 (with daily travel and remote working at St Mary’s and the Western Eye hospitals)
We're Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
We currently manage around 500 active volunteers across our hospitals and have bold ambitions to increase these numbers and create a world-leading hospital-based volunteering programme.
As such, we’re looking for a Volunteering Manager to join us and deliver our volunteering strategy at our St Mary's and Western Eye hospitals sites.
- Salary of £32,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Free gym membership and access to yoga classes
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
This is a superb opportunity to help us increase our volunteering numbers, improve the quality of experience for volunteers and staff alike and provide patients with the care and support they deserve.
In this important role, you will have the chance to challenge yourself, collaborate with a dedicated team and directly contribute to the charity’s ongoing success.
Our vision is to build an instantly recognisable community of volunteers who are visibly making a positive difference to the experience of all our patients, visitors and staff. If you think you can help us realise this goal, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Volunteering Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day running of the volunteering programme at St Mary’s and the Western Eye hospitals.
Building strong relationships across the Trust, you will empower volunteers to provide a high-quality experience for patients and staff and, in doing so, have an outstanding and highly-rewarding volunteering experience.
Some of your duties will include:
- Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- Identifying new areas for engaging volunteers
- Helping to project manage the design and introduction of new volunteer roles
- Supporting hospital staff who are working with, managing and/or supporting volunteers
- Developing training and guidance resources
- Running small thank you/social events for volunteers to an agreed budget
To join us as the Volunteering Manager, you’ll need experience of the below:
- Working with and managing volunteers
- Successful project management
- Developing and delivering training workshops and presentations
- A degree level qualification or appropriate experience in a related role
Other organisations may call this role Volunteering Support Manager, Senior Volunteering Co-ordinator, Volunteering Support Supervisor, Volunteering Supervisor, Volunteering Team Leader or Senior Volunteering Support Officer.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on the 5th September 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 12th September 2019.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends (around 12 weekends/part weekends per annum). On these occasions, time off in lieu will be given.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you could make a real difference as our Volunteering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.