Head of Day Services (Care, Support, Community, Residential) STCP86690
Our client is delighted to offer an exciting opportunity to join a well-regarded local disability charity.
They provide invaluable, tailored support to adults, young people and children living with disabilities within Stockport & surrounding areas. The charity works closely with service users and their parents/carers to offer a range of activities designed to maintain and improve individual’s quality of life by broadening experiences and developing networks in their local and surrounding area.
As Head of Day Services, you will report directly to the Head of Operations and work strategically as part of the Operational Management Team alongside the Heads of Service for our Community and Residential Provision. You will have responsibility for managing a team of Day Service Officers. These Day Service Officers, with your support will develop and deploy a team of up to 50 Support Workers to provide building based activity groups and a variety of outside leisure group activities over 6 days for up to 80 disabled adult service users with complex needs.
You will assist in developing and responding to the changing demands of service users, government legislation, local authority policies and best practice. This will include planning and delivering a service that supports service users in a wide range of building based and community activities of their choice.
Do you have what they’re looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of health and/or social care services working within the field of disabilities
- A minimum of 3 years’ management experience including providing staff supervision and day to day monitoring.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Regulation and Legislation in relation to the adult disability sector
- Previous experience of working with CQC and / or other Local Authority Quality Teams
- Experience in change management within the care sector
- Must hold or be willing to work towards Registered Managers Award or Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Then we would like to hear from you. In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Retail discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
They welcome applications from disabled people and any disabled person who meets the minimum criteria is guaranteed an interview. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references.
Closing date: 30th August
Interview date: 10th September
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Head of Day Services (Care, Support, Community, Residential) STCP86690
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly