We are recruiting in Portsmouth for Full time and part time Support Workers. - Can you make a difference.?
We are looking for Support Workers in Portsmouth to cover various shifts from full time, and part to work across the locality. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. We have a couple of services in which we are recruiting for currently, therefore the support we provide is varied.
One service in particular would involve supporting three gentleman in their own home who are really friendly and enjoy chatting to staff members.
They are close with their family, so a part of your role would be to liaise with them on a weekly / monthly bases.
You will also support them on holidays to see their families. They enjoy various activities including going to football matches at Pompey ground. In other houses, we support people who like to go to the cinema, day trips and enjoy going to the theatre.
Personal care will be involved across the locality and some services involve doing manual handling - using wheelchairs and hoists.
Shift Patterns - These can vary throughout the week and depend on what the people we support do. These can be 7am - 2:30pm / 7:30am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 10pm / sleep Ins are involved - 10pm - 7/7:30am and will include alternate weekends.
For further information, please contract Jan on .
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.