Towcester (Moving to Milton Keynes from October 2019)
£24,996 per annum
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role:
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Painter to join our Property Services department to carry out a range of painting and decorating duties along with a range of other maintenance and repairs duties.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant City and Guilds Craft Certificate or NVQ equivalent, preferably with post qualification experience
- Experience of and ability to competently undertake all main painting and decorating tasks and working to minimise materials usage whilst providing a quality job
- Ability to undertake all associated building tasks, for example, basic joinery/plumbing, with training if necessary
- Capable of legibly and accurately filling out daily administrative paperwork and using tablet computers as part of remote working process.
- Able to work outside and inside, from ladders, on roofs and in confined spaces as necessary
- Ability to work flexibly and deal constructively with unanticipated/ variable situations
- Capable of working efficiently, effectively, courteously and diligently on own or as part of a team
- Must be able to travel effectively and efficiently to our sites
A DBS check is required for this role (only if necessary)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five years service
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Up to 2 paid professional subscriptions
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our GUS Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all our offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 after five years service
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us …
Closing date: Thursday 22nd August 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 28th August 2019
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Care Policy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.