Housing Officers x 3
5 days left
- Full Time
Housing Officers x 3
Oxford or Gloucestershire (to cover customer bases in these areas)
Salary £28,296 - £31,125 + £750 essential car allowance
Fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave based in Oxford x 1
Permanent basis based in Oxford x 1
Permanent basis based in Gloucester x 1
Passionate about great places to live, GreenSquare Group develops a range of new homes – for rent, shared ownership, and sale – while also providing housing management, care and support, and commercial property services.
We increase the opportunities for people to thrive by giving them access to great homes and services to match. This supports the creation of strong and vibrant communities.
GreenSquare makes a difference to people’s lives – and this is something we want to continue doing, for more people, every day, and we have ambitious plans to simplify and modernise our organisation, to become a simply brilliant landlord.
We currently have exciting opportunities for 3 experienced Housing Officers to join our Neighbourhood teams:
One on a fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave based in Oxford
One on a permanent basis based in Oxford
One on a permanent basis based in Gloucester
Whilst the roles are on a full time basis of 37 hours per week, we would also consider flexible working to include home working and/or less hours.
Housing Officer roles are key within the Neighbourhood's structure and are responsible for the delivery of our landlord service, customer satisfaction and contributing collaboratively towards our business objectives to reach top quartile performance.
The purpose of the Housing Officer role is to support GreenSquare’s aim of valuing our customers by meeting housing and related needs while providing information to new and existing customers which will enable them to manage and sustain their tenancy.
Working both independently and as part of a team, you will proactively deliver a high quality housing management service, focussing on customer satisfaction and value for money. You will also be working in challenging situations and with changing priorities striving to add value to everything you do.
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- working with Property Services and Lettings teams, to ensure properties are let promptly and to a high standard;
- carrying out housing and support needs assessments, viewings and sign ups, providing all information necessary for customers to understand the implications of accepting their tenancy and prepare them for the financial commitment this involves;
- working with customers in a landlord capacity to manage and sustain their tenancies;
- investigate and take action against cases of subletting, abandonments or other tenancy fraud; acting swiftly in line with our procedures;
- independently managing anti-social behaviour (ASB) cases proactively, including working alongside our specialist team for legal enforcement;
- undertake tenancy audits and other home visits;
- working with the Community Involvement Officers to build local partnerships to develop communities; to empower customers to help design services and consult with customers on their neighbourhood priorities, local offers and promote their delivery.
To be successful in these roles, you will need to have experience in a similar housing sector role, working in a customer facing environment with customers with a wide range of vulnerabilities.
It is also essential that you can work with minimal supervision and that you have knowledge and experience of tenancy management law including succession; mutual exchange assignments and ending tenancies.
You will also have knowledge and experience of managing anti-social behaviour and complex property condition cases, along with a strong understanding of housing policy, regulation, legislation and practice, including social, affordable tenancy management.
You must be highly organised with the ability to self-manage a diverse and varied caseload while prioritising work effectively to a high standard and quality to meet targets.
Some out of hours work may be required as part of this role. This will include evening meetings, and weekend work, therefore you must be able to work flexibly with the ability to travel between GreenSquare sites when required. It is essential that you therefore hold a driving licence and have use of a car for work business.