Job title: Mechanical Estimator
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Working hours: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Yorkshire area to work as a Mechanical Estimator on a permanent, full-time basis.
Our client is a data, electrical and mechanical contracting company with offices in Huddersfield and London. The Company has been trading for over 25 years and carries out work across a variety of industries including financial, education and retail.
The day-to-day duties
Working as a part of their estimating team, the successful Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for preparing and leading the completion of mechanical quotes and tenders from conception, through to dealing with post tender queries, working closely with the projects and design team, and reviewing and analysing quotations.
In addition, the Mechanical Estimator will also be responsible for developing specifications and identify proposal issues. Furthermore, you will plan, organise and implement all pre construction procedures as well keeping an accurate procurement schedule for project delivery.
You will also be required to attend site and communicate to all members of the pre-construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Estimating knowledge in the mechanical divisions of commercial, retail and office fit out sectors
- Able to read, understand and interpret tender drawings
- Working with and developing schedule of rates, and where necessary produce value engineering solutions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent PC skills, knowledge of Amtech or a similar estimating programme is an advantage
- Able to work well under pressure and manage workload appropriately
- Experience in evaluating proposals from a supply chain
What the company will offer:
The successful Mechanical Estimator will receive a competitive salary, and a defined contribution pension scheme. In addition, you'll also be given the opportunity to be involved in some challenging projects and the opportunity to progress within a growing company.
If you wish to apply for the position of Mechanical Estimator please click apply.