End User Computing Tech Analyst
Reach plc is looking for an experienced Workspace Technical Product Lead to become a key part of a new 'Product Team'. This talented team will shape the way our Products continue to improve and deliver value to our business. This is a great opportunity to define "product" within an Enterprise Technology environment. This will require agile thinking and "doing". There will be a clear focus on end user needs to drive continuous improvement of our core applications which are key business enablers.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year. This combination of physical products, national digital reach and a strong local footprint is the perfect base for establishing a future product portfolio fuelled by content, technology, and data. We have a mixture of PC & Macintosh devices deployed and the primary office productivity tool is Google Suite, but we also have a Microsoft Office presence. Users can work on premise or remotely, using workstations, laptops, tablets or smart phones.
- Work with the Enterprise Technical Product Manager in developing the product roadmap and backlogs for the applications that will help ensure the next generation of applications adds further value to Reach PLC whilst being realistic about cost/capability/available resource mix
- Define the Workspace/End User Computing roadmap and the use of other services
- Take G Suite beyond messaging and calendaring to use its full potential to help the business.
- Work to deliver product goals and objectives that align with the overall business strategy
- Play a supporting role in planning & executing new product development across the full lifecycle, gather customer requirements, explore solutions, develop and validate concepts, create prototypes, build & release applications working with external partners and our technology team
- Working into the Technical Product Manager and alongside the Business aim to ensure any product development being undertaken adds value using a Demand Management framework: best practice product management techniques
- Seek input from stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and cross industry trends, always learning from others
- Identify operational changes that support the creation and delivery of products
- Work with project managers where necessary to ensure that they are supported in managing dependencies across other teams and that they cover the breadth of project scope
- Ensure all stakeholders are aware of and input into the product roadmap & dependencies
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge in agile software delivery model and familiarity with Lean product development principles
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer
- Excellent attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort and aggregate complex information quickly
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making recommendations and decisions with incomplete sets of information
- Positive can-do attitude and drive
- Experienced in undertaking work on the execution side as well as doing the upfront strategic thinking
- Good understanding of software development and extensive experience of working with developers and technical architects in systems and solutions design
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to interact with all levels of audience
- Strong teamwork, stakeholder management, coordination, planning and influencing skills
- Proven ability to think creatively and to apply analytical and problem solving skills effectively
- Self-driven that doesn't need hands on management, and ability to work at pace
- 'Can do - action-oriented attitude' with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves
- A drive to improve and learn
- Agile methodology experience
- Life Cycle management
- Software Deployment
- Asset Management
- User file storage
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.