Head Chef Award-Winning Family Business
Head Chef – Award-Winning Family Business
The Oystercatcher, Polzeath
If you’re passionate about fresh, locally-sourced food and want to work in one of the South West’s most beautiful locations, this is a great opportunity to join St Austell Brewery as the Head Chef at the newly refurbished Oystercatcher in Polzeath.
Who will I be working for?
We are St Austell Brewery, a family-owned, independent business that is passionate about great food and drink and delivering the very best to our customers. We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels across the South West, from Bath and Bristol, to the Isles of Scilly.
Situated in Polzeath, a renowned surfing destination on the North Cornwall coast, the Oystercatcher offers self-catering accommodation and local pub food. We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Head Chef to play a leading role in our professional and friendly team.
- Salary of £35,000 - £39,000 per annum
- Significant discounts off food and drink at our managed houses and accommodation from your first day
- Pension scheme
- The freedom to treat the kitchen as your own
- Employee reward programme – if you provide a fantastic service, we’ll make sure it’s recognised
- Live-in arrangements available (if required)
- Join a business that supports local charities, good causes and individuals in need
- Cycle to work scheme
Now is the perfect time to be joining us at the Oystercatcher. We’ve just had a refurbishment and have a hugely enthusiastic team who are ready to help take our business to the next level under your leadership.
You’ll have a brand new kitchen to play with, the chance to develop the menu and continue to make changes twice a year as well as providing daily specials using local, fresh ingredients.
During peak season, we cater for 300 covers and boast a relaxed beach bar style feel, so you’ll discover plenty of hungry people to sample your food, loads of challenge and some great rewards. What’s more, you can even live-in within our newly refurbished apartment.
As the Head Chef, you’ll lead our kitchen at the Oystercatcher and motivate your team to deliver fantastic food.
Working closely with the General Manager, you will:
- Support the development of enticing and tasty menus
- Take a hands-on role, working side-by-side with your team
- Effectively control stock and food margin
- Keep an immaculately clean and safe kitchen
- Handle both commercial and operational management activities
To join us as our Head Chef, you’ll need:
- Experience as a Head Chef
- Previous experience in all areas of kitchen management, including great success in stock and margin management
- A Food Hygiene Certificate, and ideally an NVQ Level 2 qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (due to our location)
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Kitchen Manager, Head Chef, Chef, Kitchen Supervisor, Catering Supervisor, Catering Manager or Senior Chef.
Webrecruit and St Austell Brewery are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take on an exciting, new challenge as a Head Chef, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.