Head of Delivery
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Head of Delivery to join our IT function based from our London Bridge offices. Enterprise IT provides the technology and services that help enable Reach to fulfill its strategic business goals. The Head of Delivery is a critical new role in the Enterprise IT department, responsible for defining and delivering programmes and projects to the business units as well as providing oversight and effective governance to the IT Projects Office. The emphasis of the IT Projects Office is about rapid delivery and true business enablement. An element of the role will have a roving brief i they can affect change in areas beyond programme and project delivery.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing complex IT programmes and projects in a distributed environment where a relentless focus on end user needs is second nature. They will be comfortable delivering their own programmes and projects as well as providing leadership, oversight and effective governance to the IT Projects Office. They will manage the IT programme portfolio. This role is about "getting things done, fast."
This is a great opportunity to lead a key function within IT for an ambitious, experienced delivery professional, this is an exciting environment to make a real difference at Reach.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Accountable for the management and successful delivery of the Reach IT portfolio using 3rd party delivery partners and outsourced IT service providers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Programme Managers within the IT Projects Office.
- Accountable for the IT Project Office governance and processes.
- Bring about continuous strategic alignment between IT delivery and the business needs and be an expert adviser on all Reach IT delivery matters.
- Lead multi-stream programmes in a complex, multiple stakeholder, matrix managed technology environment across the UK and Ireland.
- Continuously be looking for areas to improve delivery effectiveness all across IT including BAU activities.
- Set up and run "product experiments" with the application teams to validate hypotheses.
- Shape programmes and projects utilising a variety of delivery frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Use very strong influencing skills to communicate complex technologies and processes in a clear and coherent way to a multitude of stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience delivering projects in an outsourced environment, liaising with multiple business units, conflicting priorities and projects (both internal and external service providers and suppliers) at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex projects and ideally programmes.
- Experienced using agile project management methods.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and diligent.
- Experience in dealing with Infrastructure and application projects.
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a strong sense of ownership.
- Reasonably technically adept with a broad range of technology knowledge and experience.
- Confident in challenging business requests to ensure you are continuously delivering the best possible outcomes.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.