Payroll Business Partner
Payroll Business Partner SEAP86443
£25,000 - £29,645 per annum + benefits
37.5 hours per week
We are recruiting a Payroll Business Partner to provide and administer an accurate payroll service to Trust employees (via an external payroll bureau) in accordance with Trust, Government, Pension and Audit regulations, procedures and deadlines. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will also operate efficient day to day payroll functions, providing guidance and advice on payroll statutory regulations for staff and managers.
The role is also required to support and develop the implementation and use of integrated Payroll and HR systems.
- Experience of administering a variety of contractual data for payroll purposes
- 5 GCSE A – C including English and Maths (or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy)
- Advanced application of MS Excel, Outlook, databases
- Knowledge of the principles underlying government legislation and laws
- Professional qualification to include one of the following:
- CIPP Qualification – Foundation level or above
- Association of Accounting Technician’s (AAT) level 2 in Payroll Administration
- CIPP – Advanced Payroll technician
- Willingness to complete CIPP Degree in Payroll Management
- Sound mathematical background including the ability to apply concepts such as percentages
- Evidence of excellent IT skills, including understanding of payroll and time recording systems
- Ability to analyse, present and report management information that will inform line managers in an accurate, clear and timely manner
- Ability to undertake additional project work alongside the day-to-day running of the Payroll process.
- Experience of term time only contracts and Teachers’ pensions
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the post which includes bending, kneeling and moving/accessing boxed archive information in line with the Trust Manual Handling procedure
About our benefits
Pension scheme, on site gym, employee assistance programme, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, free parking and generous holidays!
We offer good career development opportunities with performance related pay to progress your salary depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
Holiday Entitlement: Year 1 – 25 days + bank holidays rising to 30 days + bank holidays after 5 years’ service
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young adults with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Close date: 30th August
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Payroll Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly