Female Support Worker
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Parkstone, Poole and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team to support a lady with a moderate learning disability and challenging behaviour to get the most out of life. She has a fun sense of humour, enjoys going outdoors and being active and her interests include going to the cinema, zumba, pottery, going bowling, drama, football and eating out. She needs support to carry out daily living tasks such as her laundry, shopping and keeping her home clean and tidy.
We have the following part time positions available: 1 x 16 hour post and 1 x 19.5 hour post. Shifts include working alternate weekends and sleep ins.
Experience supporting adults with challenging behaviour is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
You will receive extensive training, full induction to Dimensions and support with completion of the Care Certificate to enable you to fulfil the role and enhance your personal development. We will also pay for your enhanced DBS certificate.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010"
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Nichola on .
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.