Head of Operations
About Equity Trustees Fund Services
Equity Trustees Fund Services (ETFS) is an innovative, dynamic and client focused financial services company providing genuinely Independent Fund services and solutions in both the UK and Ireland. With operations based in both London and Dublin, ETFS is the European arm of Equity Trustees Limited (EQT), an Australian ASX listed Responsible Entity with A$80bn assets under administration.
Through our Independent Authorised Corporate Director (ACD) and Management Company services we offer a comprehensive fund structuring and fund operator service covering all aspects of a funds set up/authorisation, oversight, compliance and administration in the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the Co-CEO, the Head of Operations is responsible for leading and supporting the business in the development, management and oversight of all third-party Suppliers, including Transfer Agency, Registrar, Fund Accounting and Custody.
The Head of Operations ensures that our relationships work for the benefit of both parties, the funds that we operate and the funds investors.
The role will manage the operational oversight team situated in both London and Dublin as well as take ownership of the ongoing development and remit of the operational oversight process and procedures and the firms CASS activity.
The role is also the key senior point of contact and support for all ETFS clients, appointed Suppliers as well as internal colleagues.
To lead the oversight of appointed Service Suppliers and the day to day operational infrastructure for ETFS .
- Operational Due Diligence and ongoing oversight of outsourced Fund Accountants, Transfer Agents, Custodians etc.
- Chair the internal Operational Oversight Committee
- Undertaking operational reviews of delegated parties
- Take ownership of the ongoing development and remit of the oversight process and procedures
- The management of Data Vendor relationships and ensuring that Data Vendors carry correct data for our funds at all times
- Support the development of the firms middle office function
- Lead and develop the companies CASS management programme
- Co-ordination of documented tasks within the monitoring plan
- Project management the operational elements of Product changes, new fund launches and new client take-ons
- Project management and onboarding of new service suppliers
- Assist and lead the development of direct reports
- Contribute to the ongoing development and remit of the oversight process and procedures
- Manage, maintain and deliver the Operational Oversight Programmes
- Assist in identifying, document, and monitor risks and control points related to the function
- Assist in ad hoc project work including regulatory change implementation
- Supporting the delivery of Management Information
- Issue Management
- Actively participate in the development of ETFS services/solutions to reflect current and future requirements of clients and regulators
- Participate in relevant internal & external meetings
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in overseeing third party delegates (Essential)
- 10+ years relevant industry experience (Essential)
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience (Essential)
- Degree educated (Desirable)
- Investment Management Certificate or equivalent (Desirable)
- Knowledge of CASS requirements (Desirable)
- Experience of delivering projects to tight timelines
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of developing individuals and a team
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal reasoning and numeric skills.
- Excellent organisational, meeting, presentation and fact finding skills
- Good keyboard skills, competent in the use of MS Office packages.
- Experience in supporting project delivery
- Demonstrates understanding of internal Investment Operations and Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting and Custody functions
- Experience of dealing with third party fund accountants, custodians, transfer agents etc.
- Knowledge of UK & Irish fund structures
- Demonstrable knowledge of investment asset classes including derivatives
- A good understanding of the Authorised Corporate Director and/or Management Company model
- Knowledge of Compliance / Regulatory best practice
- Knowledge of UCITS and AiFMD Investment restrictions. COLL, SYSC and COBS