Production Manager - Permanent - South Wales
Our client, a leading luxury automobile manufacturer require an elite level Production Manager to play a key role within the Production team working alongside the leadership to deliver continuous improvement and the achievement of operational excellence.
The fundamental responsibility of the position is to deliver the luxury auto products within the business plan to meet safety quality, volume and cost targets.
Key Responsibilities include
* Daily direction to departmental supervisors (Group Leaders) to ensure production schedules and customer requirements are met.
* Maintaining high levels of employee morale through recognition and employee communication programs.
* Develop and lead team activities to include daily shift performance reviews and action planning.
* Supervise audits, production meetings, maintenance meetings and steering committee meetings.
* Actively support and develop standardised work processes process to ensure compliance.
* Appraises performance and communicates with direct reports regularly. Performs annual performance appraisals, outlining accomplishments, areas needing improvement and new objectives for the next period. Consults with Human Resources Manager on all employee actions.
* Reviews monthly budget comparison report for reporting departments. Acts on controllable variances.
* Identifies, recommends and participates in development for all departmental capital expenditures.
* Identifies training needs for reporting departments. Prioritizes training needs and maintains a training calendar.
* Provides coaching, guidance, developmental opportunities and training to direct reports to the end of achieving higher levels of performance as well as development of succession planning.
* Manages all KPI's through SQDCME (Safety / Quality / Delivery / Cost / Morale / Environment) model.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in a KPI driven production environment along with comprehensive knowledge of excellent manufacturing and production practices.
This role requires a resilient leader who can motivate and lead a team to deliver quality products, safely and on time.
Ideal candidates will have a formal qualification in either engineering or manufacturing, or an equivalent level of practical experience and will have prior paint knowledge and experience.
For more information or to apply, please contact Chris Wilding on or email