Travel and Tourism - Product / Marketing
Travel and Tourism -Product/ Marketing
A product executive is required to join the Product department of award winning travel and tourism operator . You will take ownership of product; communicating and working internally with the sales team and the product and marketing departments. You will also take ownership for the co-ordination of all marketing collateral.
Key Specific Duties:
- Take responsibility for all of the product, including reviewing our current product and working to source and contract new product.
- Ensure that we have received relevant contracts and contract updates.
- Maintain and improve relationship with existing direct and indirect suppliers and build new relationships as appropriate. Negotiate and obtain the best contract rates and offers with suppliers and negotiate supplier co-operation for joint marketing ventures.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of the marketing plan
- Continually developing and improving our digital marketing and social media presence
- Co-ordinate and lead the writing of all marketing material - including the writing of newsletters, brochures, website information or any other marketing collateral as required
- Assist with loading of properties and resorts to the website.
- Providing a key contact between the PR company and ensuring relevant PR requests are sourced and actioned.
- Travel on fam trips to review existing and assess potential new product.
- Attend trade shows independently and / or with colleagues to maintain supplier relationships, to review existing and source new product as necessary
Key skills and attributes:
- Educated to degree level
- Have some experience in a travel related product and / or marketing role.
- Experience in copy writing and brochure production
- Have some knowledge of website CMS
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise work load to meet variable deadlines
- Be prepared to attend social functions, workshops and trade events both in and out of work hours.