Technician, Arc Welding
7 days left
- Full Time
Technician, Arc Welding
Granta Park, Cambridge
TWI is the world’s foremost research and training organisation for materials joining technology. Operating globally, its experts perform innovative, quality controlled, impartial projects for industry. TWI manages and operates the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC), a centre for postgraduate industry led study.
TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our arc welding technician team
Technician: Arc welding
Working with project Engineers and technicians, you will be contributing to the development of new processes and procedures for a variety of projects across all industry sectors. The role involves both manual and automated welding, therefore you will need:
• Sound experience in an industrial environment, an ability to follow welding procedure specification.
• Have a proven ability to carry out general MMA, TIG and MIG welding of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
• Good knowledge of using computer operated equipment. Previous experience of using robots and automated equipment would be an advantage.
• To oversee and deliver technician support, advise and guide NSIRC PhD students on laboratory equipment
Qualifications & Skills
• Ideally educated to BTEC level or equivalent in an engineering or related discipline
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Possess a strong background in materials/mechanical engineering
• Have practical problem solving skills with an eye for detail, combined with good communication and IT skills.
• Good standards of laboratory management, competency in producing written records of lab work and be able to deliver project work to high quality standards within tight and demanding deadlines.
• You must be able to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team, be self-motivated and capable of working unsupervised with a flexible approach to working hours and possess a can do attitude.
• Conducts themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
Expected to work in accordance with current Health & Safety requirements to high quality standards within tight and demanding deadlines and Conduct yourself in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
Please note to be successful in this position you must be a UK national and able to obtain SC clearance, and any job offer will be conditional upon this.
Job Profile: Technician
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd September 2019
To apply, please click on the link below: