CQC Registered Manager – Mental Health
CQC Registered Manager – Mental Health
Rethink Mental Illness is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. We aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, we directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
We’re now looking for a CQC Registered Manager to lead and develop services in Swindon which provide a total of 15 beds for people with mental illness.
- Salary of £30,265 - £33,950
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- ‘Your Rethink Day’ – an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent development prospects
- Paid eye tests (where appropriate) plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses
- The opportunity to make a real difference with a pioneering charity
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
This is an incredible opportunity for a high calibre health and social care professional with a registered manager qualification to drive their career forward with our outstanding charity.
We strive every day to positively impact mental health, support those who suffer with mental health issues and change lives.
Our teams are passionate, driven and desperate to bring about the change needed to ensure mental health is no longer taboo, is well managed and is not the embarrassing topic in healthcare.
So, if you think you can do some good, can affect change and can help us transform the face of mental healthcare, this is the role for you.
As the CQC Registered Manager, you will be tasked with leading an integrated care team of mental health recovery workers and ensuring the care provided is of the highest quality. You will take responsibility for the delivery of services that meet with CQC and contractual requirements and will also be committed to providing the best possible service to users.
A key element of your role will be to develop services and contribute towards the Registered Manager Practice Group to ensure consistency and quality across all Rethink services.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensuring individuals using the service are treated with dignity and respect
- Driving and promoting service users’ independence, choice and control
- Ensuring the team implement the support in a truly person-centred way
- Ensuring that support plans are relevant and respond to needs
- Promoting partnerships to support the social, mental and physical health needs of individuals
- Ensuring all practices within the homes are in line with current legislation, practice standards
- Actively promoting Rethink Mental Illness’s values and mission
- Reporting to the Head of CQC Services
- Embracing and pursuing opportunities to improve the quality, innovation and development of services
To be considered as a CQC Registered Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting
- A Registered Managers Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care & Children & Young People’s Services or equivalent (or be able to work towards this)
- Knowledge and an understanding of the current legal responsibilities with thorough understanding of the CQC Fundamental Standards
- Experience of managing and developing staff and/or volunteers, setting and reviewing SMART objectives, and taking immediate action to address underperformance or conduct issues
- Project and budget management experience
- The ability to work proactively and collaboratively with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders to achieve outcomes
Registration with the NMC would be beneficial to your application. An understanding of theories and models of service user empowerment, involvement and co-production would also be an advantage, as would experience of monitoring and evaluating services.
General awareness of basic employment law and good practice in people management would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role CQC Manager, Mental Health Services Manager, Mental Health Services Team Lead, Registered Manager, Care Home Manager, Nursing Home Manager, Health and Social Care Manager, Service Manager, Social Care Manager, or Senior Mental Health Practitioner.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to change lives as a CQC Registered Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.