Marketing and Events Executive
This role will support with the development, campaigning, communications and execution of the Executive Education events strategy. A key focus will be to lead on the execution of our two annual flagship events. You will therefore work closely with both the Corporate Marketing Manager and the Open Marketing Manager. Further responsibilities will involve supporting the execution and logistics of relevant international third-party events. Some travel may be involved. You will lead on creating engaging and relevant content on the back of all Executive Education events and leverage them across all channels, including social media, email and the website. This role will also work collaboratively with the Executive Education Business Development Executive to ensure that communications and campaigns surrounding all events are seamless and directly translate into tangible return on investment.
Key areas of accountability:
- Plan and deliver a range of events, and/or contribute to more complex projects/campaigns with guidance from more senior colleagues, to ensure delivery against project time, cost and quality standards, and targets.
- Write detailed briefs for new event activity and help support delivery of wider team projects.
- Initiative, business acumen and organisational awareness are used to manage and prioritise the delivery of concurrent marketing and events campaigns.
- Ensure content is current, accurate and relevant across our website and event collateral.
- Leverage internal resources and connections (faculty, senior managers, alumni, programme directors, client directors, learning solutions team) to source engaging speakers/hosts, and to research new content for events.
- Liaise with internal Strategic Events team to ensure seamless delivery and execution of all events.
- Agree with key stakeholders how identified support will be aligned to individual events, clearly stating the roles and responsibilities for each project.
- Draft, brief and develop content and materials (digital and print) for use before, during and after all Executive Education events, and for use across all marketing channels including email, social media, the website, magazine and paid media.
- Quality assure content developed in-house, or by agencies/freelancers, to ensure that it meets brand guidelines.
- Develop strong relationships with a range of agencies/freelancers and colleagues across the in-house content and strategic events teams.
- Act as a brand champion, sharing examples of best practice with colleagues and stakeholders, to support continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain 360-degree reporting for all Executive Education events to record and track: campaign performance, event registrations and attendance, event engagement levels/feedback, and achievement of key performance indicator targets and ROI.
- Provide regular communications to stakeholders on progress of event engagement and using initiative to dial up/down campaigns based on these numbers. Liaise with Business Analyst and Executive Education analytics team where needed.
- Agree and own the targeting criteria for each event and manage approach to data management for the invitation process.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in running large-scale events.
- Email marketing experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing and advertising.
- Significant knowledge of marketing principles, theory and practice, and their application
- Solid generalist marketing knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage a variety of audiences including internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good at working under pressure in a stakeholder-facing role.
- Experience in executing innovative and effective marketing campaigns via multiple channels
- Budget management experience
- Experience writing compelling copy and strong proof reading skills
- Ability to identify, analyse and effectively use marketing information * Prioritisation skills and experience
- Events management qualification
- Professional marketing qualification (or part qualified/working towards qualification).
- CIM or IDM preferred.
- Project management training or qualifications
- Interest in and knowledge of the Higher Education/Business School/professional services sector
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.