Executive Editor and Content Creator
Salary information: £56,000
Hours/work pattern: 40 hour working week, Monday to Friday
HH Saudi Research & Marketing (UK) Limited
HH Saudi Research & Marketing (UK) Limited, part of the Saudi Research and Publishing Company’s international publishing group, is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the position of Executive Editor and Content Creator for its flagship editorial and newspaper publications.
The Executive Editor and Content Creator will play a key role in supervising and reviewing all articles submitted for publication. The Executive Editor and Content Creator will supervise the Journalists/Editors on the development of the editorial calendar as well as setting and enforcing deadlines for copy. An Executive Editor and Content Creator will consult with editors and designers on content and on topics for each issue. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the manuscript of editors as well as the supervision of the day to day operations.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Executive Editor and Content Creator are as follows:
- Plan and manage the daily operations;
- hire, coach and supervise personnel;
- collaborate with Editor in Chief to determine issues’ content and topics;
- coordinate editorial publications and meetings;
- control schedules and enforce deadlines;
- oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary;
- assist in evaluating finalised copy for compliance with policies, and producers’ style and tone;
- resolve issues as they arise; and
- update our websites as needed.
Minimum skills, experience and qualifications:
The role requires:
- extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern politics and specifically the Levant region;
- a strong track record of interviewing experience and journalistic writing experience;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in Arabic, English, and French, owing to the languages used in the geographical coverage of this role;
- knowledge of hiring and managing staff and the ability to work quickly and consistently under pressure;
- a degree level qualification in a relevant subject;
- a strong track record of editing and correcting the articles submitted by journalists/ editors; and
- the ability to prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms.
Instruction to candidates
Candidates should apply with their CV and covering letter by email to Yeliz Soylu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: 8 August 2019
Closing date: 5 September 2019
Apply for Executive Editor and Content Creator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly