Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer, on a 6-month contract basis, to work for a major manufacturing business in the automotive sector, based in Deeside.
Job summary: As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be expected to produce and maintain drawings which define SPR equipment as well as customer drawings. Provide drawing and modelling support for new and existing equipment technology. Manage ERN/ECR process and keep ERP up to date. Perform other Design/Engineering duties as required.
- Produce Designs in response to the Design Specification requirements or Change Requests and document Design Analysis (calculations, FMEAS, Design Reviews etc.).
- Produce and issue Component and Assembly models and drawings using Solid Edge CAD package and ensure the change/release process (ECR/ECN) is followed.
- Enter & and maintain (where necessary) part and assembly information & BOM's on to ERP system (Syspro) and ensure change/issue procedure is adhered.
- Create drawings to latest drafting standards, check component functionality (including stack ups and geometric tolerancing) and supporting documentation to Standards and Procedures.
- Ensure parts are properly introduced and that the impact of changes are reflected through the product life cycle (configuration control).
- Communicate with other departments (FEA and Document Control)
- Formal academic qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or similar), educated at least to BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years modelling and drafting experience using Solid Edge or Solid Works within a small batch, high value manufactured product environment.
- Experienced in the use of Geometric Tolerancing and stack-up analysis.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Drawing/Part release and Engineering Change Control processes and field implications.
- Candidates must be familiar with CAD systems, CAD administration and the management of CAD/Engineering data.
- Knowledge of and experience of working within an ISO & BS standards.
What's on offer?
- Highly competitive rate of pay
- Immediate start
- Opportunity to work at market-leading automotive supplier with potential future opportuniti