Senior Medical Malpractice Claims Adjuster
QBE's European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd's and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Claims team has been built to meet the evolving needs of our business and our customers. The team is a formidable force for QBE, comprising over five hundred people spread across multiple locations within UK and the rest of Europe, and reflecting the diversity and strength of the region. Handling over 200,000 claims a year, QBE has built a reputation for excellence within the market and is widely recognised for its technical expertise
You will be responsible to efficiently handle a dedicated caseload of claims including all aspects of complex clinical negligence and specialty claims.
Your Responsibilities For This Role May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Accurately triaging and managing claim files through to settlement, prioritising new and existing work appropriately.
- Enthusiastically seeking to establish liability and indemnity on all claims
- Delivering a world class service to customers
- Handling all claims competently to ensure that they are adequately reserved and settled as economically and fairly as possible
- Producing ad-hoc claims reports for stakeholders as required
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Being part of a market-leading claims team with a focus on quality customer service
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal & regulatory matters.
You Will Need To Be Able To Demonstrate The Following Qualities And Abilities:
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Have an in-depth experience of handling complex clinical negligence, medical malpractice and specialty claims
- Confidence in presenting to clients and brokers
- Experience in multiple jurisdictions
- Developed investigation and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel for customer and key stakeholder meetings
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective workload-organisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable with manipulating data and producing reports with ability to use MS Office applications and ECF
- A strong team player
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.