Risk Manager - Outside IR35
Excellent opportunity for a Risk Manger to join a project team that are involved in a high profile programme
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of Civil Service Roles
As Risk Manager you will:
- Provide guidance at all levels on the application of risk management process and formal requirements for corporate governance.
- Maintain the Corporate risk register and ensure quarterly review of Corporate Risks; reporting in line with formal requirements for effective internal control.
- Monitor quarterly review of Divisional risks; ensuring quality and consistency of approach across the business; ensure risks and their potential impact are accurately defined and assessed; and that appropriate mitigation plans are actively managed and reviewed for effectiveness.
- Work with Programme Office to improve quality of Project and Programme Risk Management activity. Ensure two- way communication of key risks to inform business decision making.
- Facilitate risk identification workshops as required to assist identification of business risk. Provide guidance and support to planning officers in their role as divisional risk-coordinator.
- Identify Risk Management skills gaps for identified individuals and facilitate appropriate training
- An understanding of building/construction safety risk, stakeholder engagement and reputational risk, and programme-level risk, and to be able to manage these effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with experience of building relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage all business as usual elements of risk management, including developing and maintaining the programme's risk register, reporting in line with departmental requirements, developing methods for effective communication of risks to inform business decision making, facilitating risk workshops with a range of partners, and identifying risk management skills gaps and facilitating necessary training.
If would also be great to have
- A recognised risk management or portfolio management qualification, such as Management of Risk (MoR), Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Management of Portfolios (MoP)
If this sounds like you, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.