Commercial Performance Analyst
Travelopia is the largest multi-brand specialist travel portfolio in the world. With a global reach, it has revenue in excess of GBP1bn. It has leading positions in the Tailor-made, Expeditions, Marine, Education and Events segments of experiential travel.
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we're passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world's largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Head of Revenue Management, the successful candidate will support in a wide range of analytical activity including forecasting and trend analysis to support the management of the product portfolio.
The role will be responsible for:
- Analysing trading and cost of goods data
- Production of trading pack data - highlighting opportunities to maximise performance and mitigate risk
- Challenging existing data capabilities and helping improve accuracy and ease of use of management information
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the Commercial Performance Analyst will be accountable for helping achieve company revenue and margin/profitability targets.
- Help develop insights and presentations relating to strategic commercial plans for key destinations and departure periods
- Develop reporting and insight to help maximise commercial opportunities through trading data and market analysis
- Produce insight into competitive price position
- Monitor country, region, source, month and programme performance in order to identify areas of concern/opportunity and recommend both tactical and strategic planning actions
- Manage and analyse available trading data, Cost of Goods and operational profit data, including historic trends to help maximise performance
- Daily analysis of rate of sale, revenue and utilisation in order to suggest tactical pricing or offer actions to help deliver revenue and utilisation targets
- Monitor and report on the impact of discounting and special offers on sales and margins
- Analyse sales revenue in order to identify potential pricing errors and engage with the global sales teams to monitor customer feedback regarding price
- Conduct on-going competitor price analysis on key products to ensure we are competitively priced in the marketplace
- Help develop, streamline and improve report production and automation
- Ensure accuracy and confidence in data integrity
- Train end users on appropriate data outputs, including reports and dashboards.
Key Performance Indicators
- Operational margin targets by product and source market
- Overall rate of sale, occupancy, revenue and passenger targets
- Revenue Management dashboard KPI's and enhancements
Knowledge /Experience /Qualities
- Previous data analyst or revenue management experience is highly desirable
- A high level of attention to detail is essential
- Numerate with strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone and demonstrate initiative
- High level of competency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: GBP35,000.00 to GBP40,000.00 /year