Clinical Safety Officer
Clinical Safety Officer
FDB (First Databank) is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide and four decades of experience, FDB enables our developer partners to deliver actionable solutions that help improve patient safety, quality, and healthcare outcomes
We are currently seeking a Clinical Safety Officer to join our team in Exeter and ensure that we continue to operate a consistent clinical safety management approach across all stakeholders and solutions.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- The flexible option to purchase up to five days’ additional holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Life assurance and pension
- Healthshield flexible health cash-back scheme
- Permanent health insurance and cycle to work scheme
- Beverage areas with coffee, tea and fresh fruit available
With customers across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, we are a truly global company. It’s an exciting time to join our team, as the decision support market is one of the fastest growing sectors within healthcare and a prime investment area for FDB.
For a qualified Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or Nurse with experience in a safety focussed role, this is an exceptional opportunity to help maximise our positive clinical impact and uphold our reputation for strong clinical due diligence.
Stepping into this vital position, you will enable future company success and ensure we can continue to support our customers by providing better and safer patient care.
As a Clinical Safety Officer, you will support the delivery of consistent clinical safety management approaches across company stakeholders and solutions.
Developing and nurturing a safety culture throughout the organisation, you will support and facilitate the development of technological solutions to identify and resolve patient safety problems.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Content Operations, your role will also involve:
- Completing risk assessments, safety cases and clinical risk management documentation
- Undertaking a root cause analysis for all corrective actions and near misses
- Devising, monitoring and improving quality and safety focused processes, procedures, audits and test cases
- Providing the customer facing teams with input to create programmes of customer engagement
- Providing safety recommendations to key stakeholders
To be considered as a Clinical Safety Officer, you will need to be qualified in one of the below:
- A Doctor of Medicine with either MRCP / MRCP CH / MRCGP / MRCS
- A minimum of a 2:2 degree in Pharmacy (or equivalent)
- A minimum of a 2:2 degree in Nursing (or equivalent)
The following is also essential:
- Registration with a professional body, such as GMC, GPhC, NMC or equivalent
- Experience in a safety focused role
- Knowledge of risk management and its application to clinical domains
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Although not essential, an NHS clinical safety officer and clinical safety qualification would be beneficial. A qualification involving modules on healthcare informatics and experience of using a computerised clinical system and reporting tools such as MS SQL would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Quality Officer, Quality and Safety Manager, Quality Manager, Clinical Regulatory Officer, Clinical Regulatory Manager or Clinical Domain Officer.
Webrecruit and First Databank are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Clinical Safety Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.