KES Solutions UK Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Sunderland who are looking to add a Graduate Engineer to their team.
The company is a pioneer in their sector and have history of introducing patented, highly sophisticated systems to their market and therefore you will need to be a problem solver, able to think outside the box and demonstrate creative ideas in a highly technical field. The role will involve international customer contact and ability to communicate with an international audience is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will join a small group of scientists and engineers and will become a key member of the team. Their individual responsibilities will include the assembly, alignment and qualification of confocal imaging systems and to aid in system integration and system development.
Main Duties of the Role
- Follow production procedures to assemble imaging systems and to test imaging systems
- Feedback to engineering on improvements to electrical, electronic, mechanical or optical design to minimize production time for all products
- Update procedures where necessary to improve production time
- Work with other engineers on R&D projects for new system development
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Manage scheduling of production builds
- Preparation and maintenance of production documentation
- Provide both remote and on-site support for the client's existing customers
- Customer applications development
- Follow production procedures to qualify imaging systems
- Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education to degree level or higher (2:1 from a top University preferred) in Electronics, Mechanics or Physics
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in microscopy especially laser scanning microscopy and optical alignment
- Experience in surface mount soldering and high tech production environment
- Experience in using solid works and using zeemax
This position offers a potential springboard for different roles within the company. If the successful candidate demonstrates good technical, commercial or management potential, there may be opportunities to move on to different roles. This will depend on the ability and reliability demonstrated and appropriate openings within the company appearing.
A key element of the role will be travel so any candidate applying should be able and willing to travel as required.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.