Are you a self-motivated individual with experience of working on automated packing lines? Want to develop your career with a forward-thinking manufacturer as a Production Technician? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
Established in 1979, Custom Pharma is an innovative manufacturer of niche pharmaceutical products. With a strong focus on excellent customer service, we have become an expert resource for contract development, contract manufacturing and packaging in the UK.
We’re now looking for a Production Technician to join our hard-working team in Moulsecoomb, Brighton.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £19,467 - £22,000 DOE
- Annual profit-related company and individual bonuses
- Life assurance
- Health plan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free parking on site
- Site located with easy road access to the A27 and a 15 minute walk from Falmer or Moulsecoomb railway stations
- 23 days’ holiday
This is a great opportunity to build on your existing experience with an Investors in People Silver accredited company that will support your ongoing growth and development.
Within a friendly and welcoming environment, you’ll have the chance to undertake a comprehensive training programme and learn how to operate different equipment.
What will I be doing?
As a Production Technician, you will support our packaging processes.
Reporting to the Packaging Shift Supervisor, you will:
- Work in-line with Health and Safety procedures
- Operate a range of packaging equipment, including blister filling, bottle filling, cartoning, labelling, check weighing and over wrapping equipment
- Maintain high housekeeping standards
- Help to set lines during changeovers
- Accurately complete documentation
- Move and lift components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate
What do I need?
- Ideally, you will have pharmaceutical experience, but this isn’t essential
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Food, Cosmetics or Medical Devices will also be considered
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to work well in a small team
- A flexible approach
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Packaging Technician, Packaging Operative, Production Line Operative, Manufacturing Line Operative, Manufacturing Technician, Automated Line Operative or Manufacturing Assistant.
You’ll be working the following rotating shift pattern:
Early shift: 6:30am - 3:00pm, Monday - Thursday, 6:30am - 1:20pm on Friday
Late shift: 2:00pm – 11:00pm, Monday - Thursday, 1:00pm – 5:20pm on Friday
From the 4th November 2019, shift hours will change to:
Monday to Friday
Early Shift: 6:30am to 2:30pm
Late Shift: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Webrecruit and Custom Pharma are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Production Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.