Senior Pricing Analyst
This is a great role to continue to accelerate your pricing career as part of a growing and dynamic team at Allianz. We are recognised as a leading UK insurer, winning both Commercial Insurer and General Insurer of the Year at the 2019 British Insurance Awards, and have ambitious plans to further grow our business by innovating in data and analytics.
We are looking for experienced pricing analysts who want to make their mark shaping our Commercial Lines pricing strategy. Focusing on Commercial Motor you will be working on our largest account combining analytics and underwriter input to create innovative new approaches to price our online and underwriter traded products.
You will be excited by the opportunity to use your skills to define our approach and impact business performance. You will play a key role in:
* Defining the pricing roadmap - working with senior stakeholders to understand what initiatives provide the most potential value and driving their delivery.
* Leading the process of turning Technical Pricing models into implementable pricing structures, understanding the impact on competiveness and profitability plus monitoring changes to ensure these are performing as expected.
* Managing projects to provide new data sources that can provide insight and delivering new retention models.
* Developing and providing oversight of Radar Base / Live projects, mentoring and coaching junior members in the update and maintenance of these.
* Designing and assessing different proposals for pricing changes and communicating findings to stakeholders at all levels to secure sign off.
Alongside a competitive salary we focus on your professional development in both analytics and professional qualifications offered by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Skills and Experience:
To be a success in this role you will be self-motivated, have previous insurance pricing experience as well as the following:
* Proven experience using Willis Towers Watson's Radar software
* Proven experience using data analysis tools such as R, SQL, SAS (EG or Base), Excel, VBA etc.
* A track record of leading analytical reviews, finding solutions when there are data gaps and ambiguity exists.
* Experience influencing technical and non-technical audiences to gain support for proposals.
* Exposure to training and coaching junior team members in analysis software and executing reviews.
* You will be qualified to degree level and have a high degree of numerical ability.
What can Allianz offer you:
- A competitive salary which is reviewed annually,
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities