Procurement & Contract Officer
This centrally located business is seeking a temporary Procurement & Contract Officer to deliver a high quality and cost-effective procurement and contract management service across the organisation. The ideal candidate will be available until at least the end of March 2020 on a full time basis. The working hours are Monday to Friday 9am until 17.30pm.
Please be aware that this company does not have on-site car parking facilities.
- To provide expert procurement and contract management advice and training to Heads of Service, Business Unit Managers and company officers both where requested and where opportunities for improvements are identified.
- To develop and maintain good relations with business units and promote the principles of good procurement and contract management practice throughout the organisation to ensure it is carried out in compliance with company policies and procedures, including Financial Regulations, Contract Standing Orders and Contract Procedure Notes, Health and Safety, Sustainability policy and any other relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice including relevant EU and UK legislation.
- Support and lead high value, complex procurements in conjunction with the client as directed by the Procurement and Contract Team Leader.
- Effectively manage high risk contracts in conjunction with the client as directed by the Procurement and Contract Team Leader.
- To ensure that outcomes are clearly defined and appropriate performance measures put in place as part of the procurement and contract management process.
If you do not hear from a consultant within 2 weeks of your application, then unfortunately on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful