Edtech New Business Development
LiteracyPlanet is a leading resource in the competitive world of Edtech. The past 2 years has seen rapid growth, with schools now using our resources to help learn and improve English skills in 64 countries. The resources cover both the UK primary and secondary curriculum (up to Key Stage 3 or equivalent), and we are on the brink of a major new website upgrade release.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team and lead further expansion into the UK and European education markets. The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with schools to build new business for the company. This candidate will be focused, persistent, hungry and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy. You will be overseeing one team member who will be reporting to you directly. The role is mostly office based, with phone demonstrations and webinars being the main way to get new customers. But face to face demonstrations, presentations and meetings will be needed.
This role requires someone who is willing to problem solve, graft and work with educators from demonstration, to trial to purchase. Experience in school & education sales is preferable.
- Oversee continued growth across UK and European schools/education markets.
- Work with marketing team to develop strategies on how to build your regional pipeline.
- Lead by example, demonstrating an ability to work independently.
- Own your regions and your pipeline, with all data entered into Salesforce.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 4 years prior industry related business development experience (preferably in Edtech)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented