GBP36,500 basic salary + On call standby payments + call out and overtime payments at 1.5 x base rate.
Earning potential in excess of GBP40,000 per annum + Pension + Life Cover.
Maintenance Supervisor sought within a successful producer within the agricultural industry.
The role will be suited to experienced electrically qualified multi skilled engineers from manufacturing or process engineering backgrounds. I.e. agricultural produce, manufacturing, recycling, process engineering, FMCG, food production or similar environments with heavy production/process plant machinery maintenance and repair experience. You will hold the 17th/18th edition and any formal H&S training will be highly advantageous.
The role will involve devising, working to and consistently improving a planned maintenance schedule and reacting to breakdowns in an environment that runs over 24/5 and 24/6 seasonal cycles through core hour and shard on call systems. Although every attempt is taken to prevent breakdowns the environmental conditions and produce inevitably cause machine failures. You will have an appreciation for plc's/automation at least to a basic level and be highly competent with electrical installations and fast, effective repair to heavy plant machinery. You will occasionally work on the onsite mobile materials handling machinery but most of this will be outsourced. You will lead a team of 5 - 6 engineers including a welder, mechanical engineers and a supporting electrical engineer working on shifts.
Much of the role will be open to the elements and although a mainly dry region you will be subject to wet, hot and cold conditions and frequently carrying out maintenance and repair work at height in these conditions. It is important that the successful candidate is used to similar or prepared to work in this kind of environment.
The company are the market leader for their specialised products to the agricultural markets UK wide. They boast high staff retention levels and the successful candidate will benefit from all-encompassing training and development across key business functions to become an integral part of the leadership team.
The role in brief:
* Team leadership of 5-6 engineers in a multi-disciplined engineering team in a 24 hour heavy plant based production environment.
* Hands on electrically biased maintenance role working to PPM and reactive breakdown with on call and overtime requirements.
The Person Required:
* Electrically biased multi skilled maintenance engineer with team lead experience or ready to take that next step in your career.
* Must hold the 17th/18th edition and formal electrical engineering qualification.
* Have experience in a relevant manufacturing, production, process engineering, recycling or similar environment.