Apprentice Property Assistant
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Property Assistant to join the team based in Mansfield. You will work on an apprenticeship basis and receive a salary of GBP12,375 - GBP19,661 per annum
Do you want to join a forward thinking team and kick start your career in Surveying and Property?
The Coal Authority has an ambitious 5 year plan which means our property team are working hard to support the business. The role will contribute towards the overall success of the organisation.
We're partnering with Nottingham Trent University to deliver this role via a 5 year part time degree course. This means you'll be working towards gaining a professional (MRICS) qualification alongside your employment with us.
We'll provide you with the skills, knowledge and practical experience you need to complete your studies. This will involve 1 day per week off-site to undertake learning at Nottingham Trent University. The role is part of the Authority's succession planning programme and will be working towards becoming a junior professional within the Property team.
As our Apprentice Property Assistant you will be:
- Supporting the Property Support Officer in recording and maintaining the team's project tracker
- Seeking opportunities for improved efficiencies in working practices discussing any suggestions
- Collecting, scanning and distributing Property team post daily
- Answering telephones and taking messages for the team and Principal Property Manager
- Producing standard correspondence that supports daily public enquiries
- Arranging meetings on behalf of the Principal Property Manager as required including the Property Departmental meeting and distributing the agenda as instructed
- Assisting in recording and processing invoices on our procurement system in a timely manner
- Uploading hard copy and electronic files to internal systems, adhering to the correct filing structure requirements and Coal Authority procedures on information security
- Reviewing documentation saved to internal systems on an incremental basis
- Providing admin cover during periods of absence/holidays with colleagues
- Assisting with ensuring that all deeds are returned to storage in the correct manner
Our ideal Apprentice Property Assistant will have:
- A-levels- BBB; or
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DDM; or
- 120 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent qualifications; and
- GCSE's - English and Maths grade C / 4. at grade C and above, including English and Maths
- Strong ICT skills
- Methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A mature outlook
- Previous work experience (preferred)
In return, as our Apprentice Property Assistant, we offer a Civil Service Pension, 27.5 days leave, plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave, Performance Related Pay, Gym Membership contribution plus more **Role falls within scope of IR35 regulations**
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the role as our Apprentice Property Assistant then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 31st July 2019