Field Technician - Highways Site Surveys (Opening for trainee or exper
About The Role
We're currently seeking a Field Technician to assist with testing and assessment of highway infrastructure . The roles are based from our headquarters in Crowthorne, Berkshire with site work on major and minor roads across the UK. We are looking for motivated individuals who are keen to learn and are prepared to be flexible - including regular travel / living away, working both day and night shifts.
We are open to considering Trainee's or experienced hires, but interested applicants must have an interest in physical work and in working outdoors as part of a team. Ideally you will be motivated to pursue a career in Civil Engineering.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Successful applicants will carry out in-situ testing of bituminous and concrete material on highways investigation sites, and the accurate collection and recording of survey data and test sample data. The role will also require the driving and operating of survey vehicles and operating test equipment.
Full training, certifications and protective clothing will be provided.
Skills & Experience
- Applicants must be
- able to demonstrate an interest in technical / engineering work and a willingness to learn
- willing to work unsocial hours and away from home (unsocial hours and overtime payments apply)
- eligible to work in the UK
- Successful candidates will
- display a "can do" attitude and a strong sense of responsibility
- work as part of a team
- have a good level of fitness as the work will involve manual handling and working outdoors in all weathers
- hold a minimum of 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) - at least one of which should be in a technical subject.
- Hold a full UK driving license
Candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in verbal and written English and be able to interact with basic computer programmes / apps etc.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience with an uplift component for night work and living aw ay.
Other benefits include:
- Ongoing training and development
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible benefits package