Job Title: Fire Officer
Salary: GBP26,715 per annum
Salary Band: Band C
Contract Type: Fixed term for 2 years
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: full time: shift work
Closing date: 26 August 2019
You will support the Fire Safety Manager in the implementation of the prevention, protection and intervention arrangements on the Parliamentary Estate for the practical benefit of both Houses. You will also be part of a Watch (shift) of the Fire Risk Management Team - Protection (Fire Section) to ensure the delivery to the standards set in the Fire Risk Management Team (FRMT) Service Definition and through completion of routine fire protection activities. You will also support the resolution of, operational incidents. Maintaining effective working relationships with other staff, contractors and agencies responsible for the provision of related services.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fire department within a large or multi complex organisation including managing the evacuation of buildings and the completion of Fire Risk Assessments.
- In-depth knowledge of fire legislation, practices and detailed knowledge of specific methods for implementation. The ability to use this knowledge and apply it to emergency situations, in the absence of a relevant policy.
- Proven experience of a proactive approach to daily routines and reactive responses to fire safety, with the ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative to problem solving in a constructive manner
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description